China sets limit on melamine use

peter99co 18:06 09 Oct 2008

Experts around the world have only recently begun setting limits on the amount of melamine allowable in foods.

This has given rise to some confusion. In Hong Kong, only two of half a dozen Cadbury products taken off the shelves were later found to have dangerous amounts of melamine.

click here

I was worried about Floride in the water but is this stuff now on the menu?

wiz-king 18:41 09 Oct 2008

Took a long time click here to work through the system.

canarieslover 19:01 09 Oct 2008

That's because we are more concerned about our pets than we are about ourselves. In any case I thought melamine was the stuff on kitchen work surfaces, who'd wanna eat that?

lofty29 19:28 09 Oct 2008

click here
Have a look at this

laurie53 20:25 09 Oct 2008

Anybody still believe that organic is just a marketing gimmick?

peter99co 21:13 09 Oct 2008

Only two of half a dozen Cadbury products taken off the shelves were later found to have dangerous amounts of melamine.

peter99co 21:13 09 Oct 2008

Only two of half a dozen Cadbury products taken off the shelves were later found to have dangerous amounts of melamine.

wiz-king 22:03 09 Oct 2008

They were most lightly 'milk' chocolate.

Kev.Ifty 22:15 09 Oct 2008

In my opinion for what its worth. Be Cautious if you intend to buy any Halloween type sweets or any 'cheap shop' sweets for the kids. (Can't find the link)
I know it may sound like scare mongering but have a look at the Country of Origin.

Tis China ?.... BIN IT!

peter99co 22:16 09 Oct 2008

I hope I can read the small print on the ingredients labels as to how much is in my chocolate bar.

We worry about genetic crops and someone is putting this kind of thing in our food.

Do the experts test the product on themselves before sharing them with us?

peter99co 19:16 10 Oct 2008

France has recalled sweets and biscuits made with Chinese dairy after finding high levels of an industrial chemical.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?