Child rapist sue's prison.?

perpetual motion 12:19 30 Jan 2009

Why o why do we live in a age where these kinda people have any rights to even consider anything like this.?

click here

interzone55 12:46 30 Jan 2009

It's down to our wonderful, and I don't mean that sarcastically, justice system which means that every single citizen has access to seek justice through the courts.

In this case the writ was quite rightly rejected...

donki 14:33 30 Jan 2009

I think you have hit the nail on the head, what is decent surroundings? IMO anything more than a bed, a toilet and food should be considered a luxury.

Having said that if I was a friend or a family member of someone who had been raped or murdered say, I may feel that a bed and a toilet is more than the convected diserved.

Please don't let this thread turn into another death penalty or no death penalty arguement.

Cymro. 15:25 30 Jan 2009

It all sounds rather like the scrip from some comedy TV show like that one that had Ronny Barker in as a convict in prison. I think it was called "Porridge".

Forum Editor 16:12 30 Jan 2009

under Article 3 of the Human Rights Act as anyone else. The fact that he has been convicted of a crime doesn't mean that he forfeits all his rights in law.

No doubt the High Court will consider both sides of the story before deciding anything.

Forum Editor 16:13 30 Jan 2009

"In this case the writ was quite rightly rejected..."

Was it? I didn't think the case had been heard yet.

interzone55 16:31 30 Jan 2009

Sorry, I read the Ministry of Justice had rejected the claim as the case being thrown out, instead this seems to be what's prompted the high court action...

Kaacee 21:12 30 Jan 2009

FE. IMHO any person thats commits these sort of crimes forfeits any human rights.But whilst ever we have the do gooders and out of touch law makers running this country, these cases will still be heard and cost the tax payer thousands of pounds.

As for the EU, the less said the better.

Why do we not ever consider the people wronged against?.

perpetual motion 22:01 30 Jan 2009

"Gudlucker" hense why i created the thread..it just dont make sense does it..? kinda like the lottery winner who was a proven child pest..?? where is the UK going with all this..FOr them or for US..?

Forum Editor 22:12 30 Jan 2009

Nobody forfeits their human rights - if we proceeded on that basis we would be taking a step back 1000 years into the past.

It's not a question of "do gooders and out of touch law makers running this country" the same principle applies in every civilised society on the planet, and what the EU has to do with it mystifies me.

I think you need to wake up and drag yourself into the 21st Century.

Forum Editor 22:14 30 Jan 2009

Please tell me why a 'proven child pest' should not win the lottery. I've never heard anything so ludicrous in my life.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?