Chilcote - A whitewash in the making

wee eddie 18:11 29 Oct 2015

Pity he was offered a Salary rather than a fixed fee!

carver 18:18 29 Oct 2015

I suppose that some people have objected to whats in it so they will have to rewrite it to make it look better for them.

oresome 19:24 29 Oct 2015

A little more delay next year and then it will be too sensitive to publish before the next election.

I know that holding an inquiry is the equivalent of kicking the problem into the long grass, but this is extracting the urine to the extreme.

Forum Editor 19:42 29 Oct 2015

"I know that holding an inquiry is the equivalent of kicking the problem into the long grass"

Well, what would you do in the circumstances - just forget all about it?

wee eddie 20:08 29 Oct 2015

I would rate the possibility of the Public having access to the Chilcote Report in July 2016 as being very slight

Forum Editor 23:15 29 Oct 2015

wee eddie

When it's published, anyone can have access to it.

wee eddie 01:07 30 Oct 2015

That's me trying to, obliquely, suggest that it won't be made available to the Public by the end of July next year,

mole1944 05:39 30 Oct 2015

Me thinks it will contain suitable product for enhancing the growth of roses

Quickbeam 06:58 30 Oct 2015

"When it's published, anyone can have access to it."

Reportedly coming in at a whopping 2 million words, only the dedicated with an axe to grind will bother to read it!

john bunyan 09:27 30 Oct 2015

Much of it will be redacted or not published as parts are covered by the agreement with the USA not to release their classified information, and by matters involving SIS in the UK.

oresome 09:40 30 Oct 2015

Well, what would you do in the circumstances - just forget all about it?

For the good it will do that's probably not a bad course of action.

There was to my mind a failure of Cabinet to scrutinise the PM's actions and the evidence produced and a failure of Parliament to scrutinise the Executive's actions.

Have as many enquiries as you like, but a charismatic and strong willed PM will be able to do the same in the future despite the so called checks and balances because people's careers are at his mercy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone