Cheaper Petrol--well maybe

alB 14:55 17 Feb 2006

This venture has been discussed on another forum I visit, in principle it seems a good idea but whether it will ever become a reality is another matter...alB
click here

€dstowe 14:58 17 Feb 2006

It's also been mooted on here before. I think the general consensus was that it's a good idea in principle but unlikely to be successful.

alB 15:38 17 Feb 2006

I'm enclined to agree with you, the bit that puzzles me is if the required numbers of people register to get it off the ground and any petrol companies do discuss discounts, who will pay for the production and distribution of the membership cards and administration costs...alB

Mr Mistoffelees 16:26 17 Feb 2006

Well I have just registered, just in case it does get off the ground.

ade.h 18:29 17 Feb 2006

I would consider registering, but I cannot find any info about which supplier is involved. This makes a big difference, as my car runs best on Shell Optimax.

josie mayhem 20:37 17 Feb 2006

Weather it gets off the ground or not I think we all should register. By doing this at least if it doesn't pan out then it send vibes to the government and petrol companies alike that as motorist we aren't going to tolerate inflated prices much longer. It's better to do something than nothing at all, isn't it?

Big Elf 20:43 17 Feb 2006

We are not experiencing inflated prices, certainly compared to Europe. We're experiencing large amounts of taxation.

Carbonara 20:52 17 Feb 2006

Taxation=inflated prices in my book.

Big Elf 20:56 17 Feb 2006

Inflated prices indicates that it's the Oil Companies who're making excessive profits out of road fuel costs. Excessive taxation indicates the Gov't is.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:04 17 Feb 2006

Wherever the money ends up, we are still paying high prices when we fill up.

Carbonara 21:11 17 Feb 2006

Not wishing to argue semantics, but excessive taxation inflates prices. End user prices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?