Cheap petrol soon ?

Dragon_Heart 23:32 28 Mar 2011

After we ( UK, France, USA plus one or two others ) 'help' to rid the world of another dictator ( and probably end up paying for years with cash and military loss's to keep the factions inside Libya from killing each other ) going to get a 'thank you' of cheaper oil from them ?

Forum Editor 00:03 29 Mar 2011

Before that happens - if it happens, which I doubt, Libya will have to go through the process of forming a democracy, and at the moment I doubt if anyone even knows how to set about it.

When you've grown up under a regime like the one Libya has endured for 40 off years you're not exactly going to be equipped to set up an impartial judiciary, a court system, a social welfare system, and all the other accoutrements of a democratic nation.

What David Cameron and the other coalition leaders will desperately be looking for is a sign that somewhere in Libyan society there are people with enough charisma and enthusiasm to emerge as potential leaders of a democratic system.

Uboat 00:09 29 Mar 2011

£1.35 Diesel
£1.28 Unleaded

Where i am! disgusting prices...

spuds 00:12 29 Mar 2011

Looking at some prices after the budget, there doesn't appear to much cheaper fuel about yet.

If you had watched Channel 4 Dispatches television program on Monday evening, you might see how and why the cost of oil is maintained, especially by the likes of BP and their subsidiaries.

Chegs ®™ 02:22 29 Mar 2011

£1.35 Diesel! I'm paying £1.40 here and due to its price,I'm pretty much stuck in the house as I can't afford the fuel to get outdoors.

Kevscar1 07:29 29 Mar 2011

June came home yesterday and said the price of her petrol had dropped from 138 last week to 129 today.

onthelimit1 08:42 29 Mar 2011

My son in Sydney is comlaining about 70p a litre!

morddwyd 20:43 29 Mar 2011

"Libya will have to go through the process of forming a democracy,"

Using all the other democratic Arab states as examples.

Terry Brown 20:57 29 Mar 2011

I appologise for not pulling my (TAX) weight.

I don't drive (use bus or TAXI)- costs about £40 per week- still a lot cheaper than a car.

I don't smoke (less work for the NHS= less staff)
I don't drink (we'll hardly any)

Yes I do go out and enjoy myself, and when in a pub, usually have a glass of wine - but not 'knocking it back all night'

Sorry
Terry

WhiteTruckMan 21:59 29 Mar 2011

...and cake tomorrow.

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?