Charley Chaplin anyone?

WhiteTruckMan 19:17 12 Nov 2006

Heard on the radio today a 'factoid' alledgedly from steve wrights book of a similar name that more actors have played chaplin than any other person. I thought this sounded wrong, as I recall the biopic of him, but cant remember anything else. Mrs WTM thinks it may have been elvis instead (elvis being a favourite answer to lots of questions...) but I cant see that either. Any help on this one please?

TIA

WTM

rezeeg 19:48 12 Nov 2006

Don't know if this is what you're after, but this

"The most represented historical character on the screen is French emperor Napoleon Bonaparte. Others that are often represented include: US President Abraham Lincoln, Jesus Christ, Vladymir Ilich Lenin, Adolf Hitler, Cleopatra, Queen Victoria, Henry VIII, and Queen Elizabeth I. Western characters often portrayed include William Frederick "Buffalo Bill" Cody, William Bonney ("Billy the Kid"), Jesse James, Wild Bill Hickock, General George A. Custer, and Wyatt Earp"

is a quote from click here

NIGEY 20:01 12 Nov 2006

Didnt Steve Wright go on record admitting that "some of his factoids where in fact made up"?...Im sure he said it on the Richard n Judy show...didnt watch it on a regular basis you understand!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:35 12 Nov 2006

And the character most often depicted on film is Sherlock Holmes.

WhiteTruckMan 20:56 12 Nov 2006

I think it was supposed to be a real person. thinking hard. it MAY have been someone portraying an actor, but this I'm not sure of. I think NIGEY may have the meat of it, though. I sometimes think most of what steve wright comes out with these days is an annoyance at best. Fortunately, my need to give my ears a bit of a rest coincide with the time he is on.

WTM

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:43 13 Nov 2006

But at least he keeps you(us) awake while driving down the motorway.

Bingalau 17:21 13 Nov 2006

Stopped listening to radio 2 when he was moved over from Radio 1 ..Bingalau..

WhiteTruckMan 18:16 13 Nov 2006

Fruitbat- 2-3:30 pm is 'downtime' for me, and I use it to have a kip. Last thing I need is him keeping me awake! <g>

Bingalau-when you think about it, radio 2 is largely radio 1 of 30 years ago. At least with daytime type content.

WTM

NIGEY 19:29 13 Nov 2006

Dont get me wrong I don't mind Steve Wright as a rule,just remember him saying his factoids or at least small quantity of them were made up,do like ask Elvis though have to say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone