Channel Five on Freeview?

pj123 15:01 12 Jul 2008

I have an HD ready TV with built in Freeview.

The reception on all channels on Freeview is perfect except for Channel Five.

It is pixelated and very stop/go.

If I switch to Analogue TV the reception on all five channels is awful.

If I switch to Satellite the reception is good.

Anyone else suffering this problem?

Clapton is God 15:17 12 Jul 2008

Is the digital Channel 5 actually tuned to your 'local' C5 transmitter

peter99co 15:18 12 Jul 2008

It maybe your Freeview Antenna need a fine tune to align with the transmitter. The Satellite is on target.

Legolas 15:19 12 Jul 2008

Channel five is notorious inasmuch as it seems to receive a weak signal. If my connection is loose in any way whereas I can still get a good signal on all the other channels Five is always either pixelated or no signal try checking your connections.

peter99co 15:23 12 Jul 2008

Maplin have a A55HJ Dig Aerial Sig Meter which is capable of giving a check of your signal.

pj123 15:39 12 Jul 2008

Sorry Guys, I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

If I use my normal bog standard analogue CRT TV with an external Freeview box connected channel 5 reception is very good. Both the analogue and HD TVs are using the same Wide Band Roof aerial.

peter99co 15:43 12 Jul 2008

Is it possible that the HD has an individual fine tune in the Menu somewhere?

peter99co 15:45 12 Jul 2008

A re-scan of the channels may make a better picture. When you first ran the set-up it may have been a bad day for 5.

pj123 15:51 12 Jul 2008

peter99co, "A re-scan of the channels may make a better picture."

Giving that a go now.

crosstrainer 15:56 12 Jul 2008

That's your best bet. Don't know where you are in the country, but here in Cardiff in certain weather conditions I can scan in the Wenvoe transmitter (which is the right one) And the Mendip repeater (lousy signal)

A complete re-scan should sort things out, if not, you may need to consider a DBT booster (about £8 from Tesco's)

If you are getting signals from two transmitters, go through your channel list after scanning and manually delete the weak (repeated) ones.

peter99co 16:07 12 Jul 2008

To find your transmitter try putting your postcode in here and then see if there are other transmitters in range.

click here

The site has a dropdown box to see other installations

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017