Changes to DVLA road tax - possible reminder!

spuds 17:03 11 Sep 2014
Answered

For those that do not know or are unaware, here is a reminder that there will be changes taking place from 1st October 2014, which will make a difference to the previous way you may have dealt with vehicle taxation. click here

spuds 17:24 11 Sep 2014

Jock1e

That's the reason why I posted the link. Its becoming a confusing topic around my neck of the woods Here's another link to the same story click here

cream. 18:47 11 Sep 2014

Thanks spuds, I did not know about that, also.

kad292 18:58 11 Sep 2014

The best kept secret due mainly to the DVLA not advertising it enough.

tullie 19:12 11 Sep 2014

Thought everyone would have been aware of the changes,its been common knowledge for a while now.

Forum Editor 19:43 11 Sep 2014

I too, thought it had been common knowledge for some time,but I was obviously wrong.

HondaMan 20:32 11 Sep 2014

I think these sorts of things are advertised/talked about/publicised so far in advance of the operational date that people forget

rdave13 20:47 11 Sep 2014

HondaMan , your Road Tax reminder would remind you via snail mail.

Aitchbee 21:03 11 Sep 2014

I, sadly, with a litle bitty tear in my eye, heard all about it [literally] on R4's popular consumer programme 'You And Yours' last week. The traditional but somewhat moving 'ceremony' of 'The Tearing Out Of The Circle' [ie. those perfectly-formed, little, perforated, coloured, paper, Tax Discs ] will soon be lost forever :o[

spuds 22:37 11 Sep 2014
Answer

I'll tick this now, in the hope that it remains a informative reminder for those that were not aware of the changes that will take place very shortly.

AroundAgain 23:06 11 Sep 2014

Will there be some sort of reminder when your tax needs to be renewed? I haven't heard anything about this. If there isn't any sort of reminder, so many people will not renew and then be fined.

Does anyone know how this will work, please? I, for one, never remember when things need to be renewed unless a reminder comes through one way or another.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?