Chanel 4 + Princess Diana photos.

Cymro. 12:03 29 May 2007

So what do you make of Chanel 4 showing the photos taken of Princess Diana as she was dieing

in the car crash in Paris? I am no Royalist but think that they would be very wrong to show such photos.

Kate B 12:08 29 May 2007

Why do you think it's wrong?

Incidentally, Channel 4 says: it has "carefully and sensitively" chosen which pictures to use and that in the only picture showing the car's occupants the victims had been blacked out.

It said the image had previously been seen in the British press and reports about what the documentary would show were "misleading and inaccurate".

"These photographs are an important and accurate eyewitness record of how events unfolded after the crash," a spokesman said."

I'm agnostic on this - she's dead, it's been 10 years, it's high time everyone moved on. But tell us what your objections are: it makes the debate an interesting one rather than a mere statement of opposition.

Jackcoms 12:13 29 May 2007

After 10 years who gives a damn? In fact who gives a damn, anyway?

What are Channel 4 trying to 'prove'?

I think that a lot of people need to get a life (no pun intended) on this and move on.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:30 29 May 2007

photos of corpses in Iraq, Iran, Bhopal etc., etc are shown on TV so why not show photographs of Liana/ Triple meh! in any case.

MrNerdy 13:59 29 May 2007

Channel 4 just likes to be the bad-boy of independent tv.

HondaMan 14:23 29 May 2007

is DEAD. Enough is enough.

Conspiracy theories will continue on and on in the future and we, the general public at least, will never know what really happened. We will only know what we are permitted to know.

At the end of the day, does it really matter (to us). Her legacy, in the form of William and Harry will live on. What we, or indeed anyone else not directly related to them thinks, is of no consequence at all.

She was a beautiful woman - let her rest in peace!

Cymro. 18:44 29 May 2007

On the whole quite a reasonable reaction to my posting. I was rather thinking (and to be honest hopping) it would have set the cat among the pidgeons. But then you are all reasonable people. I should have known better. I will tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017