CCTV with Spekaers?!

silverous 14:08 18 Sep 2006

click here

If we must have CCTV cameras all over the place, I'm of the opinion that adding speakers to them (if it is proven to deter crime) should be a good thing?

silverous 14:09 18 Sep 2006

Speakers...not Spekaers :)

DrScott 15:00 18 Sep 2006

is a sure way of getting them to misbehave more. Of course, informing them that the police are on their way may help...

Jackcoms 15:14 18 Sep 2006

I note that they are in Middlesbrough - which presumably means that they 'speak' in Geordie.

Are there are plans for English-speaking ones?

BigRik 15:23 18 Sep 2006

"I note that they are in Middlesbrough - which presumably means that they 'speak' in Geordie.

Are there any plans for English-speaking ones?"

!ROFL!

Fellsider 12:06 19 Sep 2006

"I note that they are in Middlesbrough - which presumably means that they 'speak' in Geordie"

How lang have Teessiders been Geordies???

Pesala 12:27 19 Sep 2006

Let Big Brother listen to what people are saying as well as see what they are up to.

oresome 12:48 19 Sep 2006

Seeing a clip on this morning's news, it struck me that whilst the camera has a zoom lense and can cover some distance, the loudspeakers are going to very loud to cover a similar distance.

I'm driven to distraction in some supermarkets with the constant tannoy announcements. Is there going to be no escape in the street now?

spuds 13:06 19 Sep 2006

Come in number 9, your times up :O)

Slightly off tangent, but my local council have been experimenting with 'sonic speakers' in area's of heavily used youth presence. Apparently these speakers give out a 'noise' only noticeable to people of certain age groups. The 'noise' is suppose to be very annoying to the people within the certain age groups, and feedback from surveys seems to suggest this scheme is working.No expensive cctv's required!.

Bob The Nob© 19:45 24 Sep 2006

Crims would really poo themselves after being told to behave.

silverous 20:05 24 Sep 2006

I'm guessing you are just joking Bob. I'm pretty sure that if you were a criminal, unknowingly being captured on CCTV and an announcement was made over the attached speakers, you'd scarper pretty quick - particularly if it said 'the police are on their way'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?