Cat Food

interzone55 22:17 07 Jul 2007

A bit random this...

Has anyone noticed that it is increasingly difficult to get cat food in cans these days?

All cat food now seems to come in sachets, which I suppose has it's advantages, one sachet per meal, takes less room in the cupboard etc...

But there are many disadvantages, cost per 100g is higher, it squirts across the floor when squeezing it out of the sachet, you can never get the last bit out and most importantly, I don't think they're recyclable.

Dog food seems to be immune from this switch of packaging, it's just cat owners that have to suffer.

Stuartli 22:22 07 Jul 2007

Even dry food?

My youngest offspring has no problem buying either tinned or sachet cat food from Tesco and other outlets.

rdave13 22:25 07 Jul 2007

Err, never liked cats and never will. Came home from work a fortnight ago and this evil bundle of black fluff was sleeping in my house! Wife said it was for "the kids". I believe differently!
Still, in answer to your question there is an abundant of tinned cat food available; sadly.

realist 22:36 07 Jul 2007

Palmar Star Maisie Belle II expects nothing less than Norfolk Turkey Slices chopped up small on a bed of Iams cat biscuits.

Also see: click here

Stuartli 22:53 07 Jul 2007

Now I wonder why that would be....:-)

anskyber 22:56 07 Jul 2007

Groan.

spuds 23:23 07 Jul 2007

Plenty of tinned cat and dog food about. Vet's and most animal authorities recommend, use and suggest that dry food is the best, with ample supplies of water available at all times.

I noticed the other day, that our dog's tinned food supplies, which we normally purchase from Asda or Tesco, were manufactured in France other EU countries and England. One dog is on a veterinary supervised experimental diet, and his (the dog) supplies are manufactured by Hill's, and all the way from the USA. All the luxuries of owning and feeding a pet, I suppose.

Input Overload 23:30 07 Jul 2007

We haven't had a Cat thread for a while & I remember the FE said we could in a few months & that must be two years ago.

Graham. 23:39 07 Jul 2007

Why is it that those who say they hate cats have to brag about it? Any other animals that you hate?

rdave13 23:47 07 Jul 2007

Yup, rats, humans,slugs, werewolves and idiots.
What about you?

VoG II 00:07 08 Jul 2007

There's a plentiful supply of tinned cat food available at Waitrose - I know as I have to buy it by the pallet-load for our two. However, they prefer roast beef - not exactly the natural prey of a domestic cat.

We are cat lovers but - considering the damage that they have done to our furniture and so on over the years - we've decided to go without in future. We won't BBQ them or anything like that but they won't be replaced.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?