cash for crash fraudsters

finerty 23:40 09 Sep 2013

Watch out bus drivers Fraudters are now targeting bus drivers and bus companies

1]: [click here

carver 07:57 10 Sep 2013

Another example of a different scam here flash for cash

namtas 09:09 10 Sep 2013

Whilst in common use and generally acknowledged by almost all drivers as an invitation to proceed sign, flashing to come on is not advised in the Highway code although few seem to be aware of this. It possibly causes many accidents, the sign is unselective and open to a different interpretation by other drivers.

spuds 11:18 10 Sep 2013

"open to a different interpretation by other drivers".

A bit like an incident a few years ago when a driver of a car decided to pull out in front of a police vehicle on an emergency call. The defence of the driver, was that the police vehicle was "flashing its headlights, and the driver of the other vehicle thought that the police were giving way". Sirens, blues didn't apply, apparently.

Fortunately, there were no deaths or serious injuries, but two wrecked vehicles. The case went to court, and heavy fines were made on the other vehicles driver.

finerty 13:15 10 Sep 2013

going back to the drivers who break hard in front of bus causing a collision, and then make a fraudelent claim should be banned from driving for a couple of years.

spuds 13:40 10 Sep 2013

finerty - What's the point in banning people from driving. You only need to attend some court proceedings to see if banning works for some people.

I was at one such proceeding, and the 'banned' driver, who had many motoring convictions, over many years, told the judge that he would continue driving, no matter what the courts said. And indeed he did.

bumpkin 14:33 10 Sep 2013

"told the judge that he would continue driving, no matter what the courts said."

Then I would have expected a prison sentence should he continue driving.

spuds 16:02 10 Sep 2013

bumpkin

That person had been involved with motor vehicles from a very young age, and taken through the courts on quite a number of occasions. He had also received custodial sentences, all to no avail.

What's your solution or expectations in that case, for that person, and perhaps many more like him?.

alanrwood 16:58 10 Sep 2013

Hi all

As an ex Driving Instructor in a previous incarnation we always taught that a flashing headlight meant one thing only "I am here" and to act accordingly with caution.

alanrwood 16:58 10 Sep 2013

Hi all

As an ex Driving Instructor in a previous incarnation we always taught that a flashing headlight meant one thing only "I am here" and to act accordingly with caution.

Chegs ®™ 12:13 13 Sep 2013

Having been involved in over ten crashes & yet to be blamed in any part for them,I now refuse to move until my path is clear even if other drivers are indicating they are giving way to me.Fortunately,the "crash for cash" scammers dont appear to operate in this area but the standard of driving is so poor,it'd be hard to tell if they were operating in the area.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?