In case there's any doubt in your mind

Forum Editor 22:13 09 Dec 2014

it's OK to talk about Christmas now.

Brumas 22:41 09 Dec 2014

I 'll take this early opportunity to echo the sentiments on this unusual old hinged Christmas post card to each and everyone of you.

click here

Belatucadrus 23:30 09 Dec 2014

It may be OK but is it compulsory.

PS is it OK to mention Hanukkah ?

PPS Do Jedis celebrate christmas ?

mole1944 07:00 10 Dec 2014

To all forum members may i wish you Happy Christmas.

wee eddie 09:21 10 Dec 2014

First Fudge/Tablet Making session yesterday.

An American recipe made with peanut butter. It set eventually but it's revolting. Back to the tried and Trusted methods/recipes. Might try Humbugs again

csqwared 09:58 10 Dec 2014

wee eddie

Are you adding "Bah" to that recipe?

Seasons greetings to all, may Peace and Good Will reign.

cc

wee eddie 12:05 10 Dec 2014

csqwared: Humbugs were the year before last, I think.

They looked and smelled lovely with well defined stripes but, when I tested one, it stuck my jaws together and sealed my mouth shut for about 20 minutes. I think that I'd made an error in the temperature of the sugar.

Batch 15:51 10 Dec 2014

"it's OK to talk about Christmas now."

On who's authority is that statement made? God?

Oh! I forgot, FE is God.

Forum Editor 17:52 10 Dec 2014

Batch

"On who's authority is that statement made? God?"

I'm not sure how long you have been with us, so if what I say is familiar to you, forgive me.

Years ago people started posting Christmas-based threads at the beginning of November, and it rapidly got to the point where it drove me nuts - we had dozens of threads, all talking about Christmas. I decided to introduce a rule which said that the word 'Christmas' was banned until after the 25th November, after which date people can talk about it until the cows come home.

Yesterday I realised that there are only a couple of weeks to go, and we hadn't got any Christmassy threads yet, so I thought I would post a reminder.

I'm certainly not anything like a God, but in this small thing I can have my own way....so I do.

Aitchbee 18:24 10 Dec 2014

I'm eagerly a-waitin' for the hurricaine force winds to ease off so's I can hang up 160 LED-icicle-lights [along the edge of my verandah] and one 100 berry-tree-lights ... all-around-my-plants :o)

Batch 19:09 10 Dec 2014

FE

My posting was entirely in jest (and I do hope it came over that way).

Being an ardent atheist who considers Richard Dawkins to be a lilly livered moderate, my comment was also made with a heavy dose of flippancy. Personally I won't be wishing a single soul "Merry Xmas".

BTW "I'm not sure how long you have been with us" 13.9 years and counting according to the site stats.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone