Car Parking Charges

CatTrading 15:09 18 Dec 2007

Had to go to a meeting in Croydon, South London this morning.
Got charged £7.80 for 4.5 hours parking, I thought it was quiet reasonable, The person i went with thought it was daylight robbery!

I ask as i normally go by train & have no idea on normal car park charges for the area.

Forum Editor 16:00 18 Dec 2007

in London's West end, and would be delighted to pay as little as £7:80.

CatTrading 16:08 18 Dec 2007

I think my friend has parked mainly in the West Country where i know a days parking in Yeovil is as low as £5.

Thanks for the reply FE.

DANZIG 16:11 18 Dec 2007

Up in the wilds of the North, I can park for 24 hours just over the road from where I work in Bradford for £2.90 (Free on a Sunday)

anskyber 16:26 18 Dec 2007

Newcastle upon Tyne Eldon Square car park which includes rooftop parking above John Lewis is 4 To 6 Hours £ 7.70

Jak_1 16:40 18 Dec 2007

Whilst watching my beloved Manchester City at Eastlands I pay £5 to park my car in a secure car park 2 minutes walk from the stadium.

QuizMan 18:09 18 Dec 2007

Whatever happened to giving local kids two shillings to "mind your car for you, mister?"

Chegs ®™ 18:25 18 Dec 2007

I cant park intown all day here for free,as I am a miserly git so rather than pay I will park just outside the centre and walk the 5 min journey in to reach the shops.Or I will walk the whole way and leave the car at home.

Koochy 19:01 18 Dec 2007

When i go offshore for a 2 week stint i leave my car in a secure car park and it only costs 48 quid and i am delighted with that but as always when speaking to colleagues the phrase "at least Dick Turpin wore a mask when he robbed you" often springs up.
Really i just suppose it depends on how much people are willing to pay as the parking facility in question would have to lower its prices if nobody were using it.

Diemmess 19:01 18 Dec 2007

So far!
Only this week the District Council accepted the idea of parking charges in principle.

We have a tradition of mad ideas in this area stemming from councillors who still think building houses is the way to attract jobs to the area in spite of the fact that most work 20-30 miles away have to start earlier and earlier to be at work in time.

We are part of the neglected countryside and a great place to live if you accept that apart from the inevitable Co-op and TESCO it means a journey by car for Malls, major shopping and any entertainment.

To bring in parking charges in any of the three small towns in the district would make many think it is worth going somewhere further away, rather than pay for so little.

Monoux 20:07 18 Dec 2007

Ram Meadow in Bury St Edmunds is less than £2.00 for a full day. Charges are under review but should still be less than £2.00 after the increase.

Ipswich most are £1.00 per hour up to five hours then it jumps to twelve pounds, yes I do mean £12.00

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?