Cameron Milliband debate

Al94 22:03 26 Mar 2015

I have reservations about Cameron but seriously, how could any sane person think that Milliband could be anything other than an unmitigated disaster for UK. He comes across as a complete muppet and simply does not connect with the audience.

hzhzhzhz 01:01 27 Mar 2015

"how could any sane person think that Milliband could be anything other than an unmitigated disaster for UK. He comes across as a complete muppet and simply does not connect with the audience."

I agree.
  Al94 12:37 27 Mar 2015

I agree it was a damp squib - nothing more than a fairly typical Paxman interview with public questions which I suspect were far from "off the cuff"

I do however think that Paxman treated them both equitably and although Cameron didn't perform well at times, at least he didn't come over like a bit of a joke and really rather strange. Hell yes

Forum Editor 16:43 27 Mar 2015

Are we looking for a man of the people to lead our next government, or do we want someone who inspires us with hope for the future - someone who develops policies which sound as though they might work to the benefit of us all?

We might do a lot better if we elect our government based on manifesto, rather than go for government by sound-bite obsessed men and women of the people.

We're turning into a nation of Tweeters and Face-book junkies - it's time to start thinking for ourselves, and making judgements based on something more than whether someone looks right in a TV close-up.

Aitchbee 21:32 27 Mar 2015

Off subject slightly but a fortnight ago I recieved a nice official lookin' letter which was inside an official 'House of Commons' vanilla-coloured-envelope [ with portcullis logo] from my local Labour MP Tom Harris. It was a personally signed invitation to attend a coffee morning for local people to discuss the reductions and unreliability of buses serving the local area [namely Castlemilk] which is on the southside of Glasgow. Other important issues were discussed.

It seems [to me] that Labour [in Scotland] are trying, at the eleventh hour, to 'woo' ex-Labour voters [who now vote SNP], back to 'the fold'.

The new Labour Leader in Scotland - Jim Murphy [ he looks like a young Lee Van Cleef] must be behind these practical-problem-solving-initiatives, I reckon.

The TV debates do not interest me much.

Aitchbee 21:59 27 Mar 2015

spider9 - I used to buy The Sunday Post 'til I discovered that The Broons were staunch Tory voters ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?