Calcutta Cup

n47. 20:17 11 Mar 2011

What is going to be this weekend. One step further to a wooden spoon for Scotland, England surging forward to a grand slam or can Scotland pull something out of the bag?

Quickbeam 10:28 12 Mar 2011

I don't think Scotland are strong enough this year to stop England, but I'd never say never, look how the cricket team are playing for a top team.

If they don't fall into the 'we only have to be there trap', it's looking good for a grand slam year.

SimpleSimon1 13:52 12 Mar 2011

Form says England but the Scots do like raising their game to put the boot into St.George's boys.

However, I just feel that the Scots really haven't got it together, this year. Oh well...we'll see, tomorrow :-)

Quickbeam 18:49 13 Mar 2011

That was a close run game...

Pineman100 19:06 14 Mar 2011

Yes, it was a close game and a very hard one, but neither team ever really showed much flare.

England began to show a little solid consistency over the first matches of the 6 Nations championship, but that all evaporated in this match. Far too many poor decisions and errors.

The current team is capable of very fine rugby. But they need to regain their composure and consistency if they're going to stand any chance at all in the World Cup.

SimpleSimon1 19:20 14 Mar 2011

As an England supporter, I think the Scots can justly feel hard done by!

We better play a damn sight better than that against Ireland, on Saturday or Driscoll and O'Gara will 'slit the lads up a treat'

Quickbeam 23:14 14 Mar 2011

"Far too many poor decisions and errors"
All games (not just rugby) are full of poor decisions and errors, but how we view them depends on the final score.

If we'd lost this one, the same poor decisions and errors would have been unforgivable instead of annoyingly complacent. If we'd have won by a huge margin, there wouldn't have been any poor decisions and errors (not even the same ones) because we'd all still be euphoric over the perfect play that won the game.

n47. 20:48 15 Mar 2011

Just Ireland to beat for a clean sweep.
I hope Scotland can pull something out of the bag. They don't deserve to go through without a result.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?