cadburys shares

  swingtime 14:30 18 Jun 2008

Hello everyone not a computer question and I hope this is the right forum

In a demerger of cadburys schwepps I was allotted some shares less then a hundred in dr pepper usa I am trying to register with computershare to sell them I am having problems with the UK post code and it will not accept the family name

I can log in as an unregistered user and see all my details but cannot register
Any ideas please

  Clapton is God 14:37 18 Jun 2008

Call Computershare and tell them your problem click here

  swingtime 14:50 18 Jun 2008

Thanks for your reply I will try that I was trying to be clever and do it all on the internet I thought I would have to contact the USA ! trying to save the pennies

  UncleP 21:47 19 Jun 2008

For share dealing, as opposed to basic provision of information, most brokers and other financial organisations these days require proof of identity - may be why you can't register on-line.

Note also that some UK brokers will trade in US and European shares. Much less complicated than trying to deal directly, but I don't know how the costs compare.

  swingtime 23:50 19 Jun 2008

Thank you for your reply I contacted computershare USA I was a kind man gave me instructions I registered and now have to wait for them to send me a letter by snail mail I believe it is a security issue but I have got it sorted now
Thank you once again for replying

  Stuartli 00:17 20 Jun 2008

Why didn't you contact Computershare Investor Services plc in the UK?

The registered office address is: The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bristol, BS13 8AE. See:

click here

I'm presuming this is the same Computershare that deals with my Bradford and Bingley shares.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?