Is the cabinet now split over Brexit?

Quickbeam 18:31 20 Jun 2017

Yesterday we heard Brexit secretary Davis stating that nothing much has changed in the governments Brexit plan (Brexit plan...?) as he started the opening negotiations.

Today we have Chancellor Hammond and the Governor of the Bank of England saying that business must come first at the expense of immigration and other EU access compromises, backed up by some big voices in the motor industry.

It looks like two distinct camps are setting out their plans (apparent Brexit plans) for the future. May, may not make it past Junes's heat at this rate of separation of views

Yours, as sceptical as ever, Mr Doom & Gloom (according to some) of Tunbridge Wells...

Govan1x 19:07 20 Jun 2017

I think hammond either may be on the way out or is going to be the next PM.

The in fighting has started up again and has the tory party in turmoil. They really do need to get a grip on themselves.

Govan1x 19:09 20 Jun 2017

Tomorrow is their big day and still do not have an agreement with the DUP. What a shambles. You might have expected this from Jeremy Corbyn a few years ago but you would not expect it from the tory party.

Quickbeam 19:10 20 Jun 2017

I was thinking that he is on the way out, and will be the next PM!

Quickbeam 19:11 20 Jun 2017

I would have expected it from Corbyn up until the last few weeks!

Quickbeam 19:17 20 Jun 2017

Of course if this legal challenge is upheld, JC will be the next PM...

Aitchbee 19:18 20 Jun 2017

Ah, but Michael Gove's return to the cabinet as enviroment minister might be Mrs May's force majeure!

Quickbeam 19:27 20 Jun 2017

What's the odds on May not lasting until September HB?

Govan1x 19:29 20 Jun 2017

Looks like she is still going ahead with the queens speech then and it could take a year to get the legal Challenge to court.

Well we have had plenty to talk about leading up to the election now we may have something else to talk about for the next year or so. FE will be pleased.

Aitchbee 19:30 20 Jun 2017

Quickbeam, it's 13/8 (fav) that there will be another general election in 2017.

Quickbeam 19:34 20 Jun 2017

Is there really a DUP agreement almost ready? I get the impression that they have only agreed enough to pass a Queens speech, that could result in a full election within days if they fail to announce anything.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires