Cabinet Nominations

realist 12:38 21 Jun 2007

Paddy Ashdown refused.....but who would you nominate for a Cabinet post?

Mine is Tracey Emin for Culture Secretary.

Pine Man 13:02 21 Jun 2007

I wouldn't nominate anybody BUT if I was a Labour MP I would be pretty upset that the Prime Minister elect couldn't find any members of his own party to fill the post that he offered to Paddy Ashdown!

wee eddie 13:12 21 Jun 2007

Why did you not come to one of us?

laurie53 20:46 21 Jun 2007

Is it remotely possible that a political leader looked for somebody who might be good at the job rather than the next party hack or financial contributor in the queue?

No, surely not!

Laurie

HCOOH 11:52 22 Jun 2007

They should create a special "Department of Screwups"
OOp's sorry already exists, called the Government.

Bingalau 13:53 22 Jun 2007

We had a good coalition government during the last war. The best men for the job were in the job which suited them.

spuds 14:44 22 Jun 2007

Doesn't say much for the new next Prime Minister, if he as to look outside his own party for reinforcements.

Kate B 19:14 22 Jun 2007

Actually, I think it shows vision and a willingness to listen to people who actually know what they're talking about. My reservation, though, is that I think ministers should be elected representatives, not appointees.

Stuartli 19:36 22 Jun 2007

Probably 80 per cent of the current crew should never have been given their jobs in the first place.

ulrich 21:00 22 Jun 2007

I think the war coalition was somewhat different.
Mr Brown will make a right mess of this next goverment, he does not have a clue. Then we have the canidates for Dep PM.

Kate B 01:06 23 Jun 2007

I think it's a bit rich to say he doesn't have a clue. He's been chancellor for 10 years - I suspect that gives him a pretty good idea of how to do the job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?