Bye Bye Norman

peter99co 23:10 04 Oct 2010

click here

Comic actor Sir Norman Wisdom has died aged 95, his son has confirmed.

I met him about six/seven years ago and he was still smiling as usual.

What a great bloke.

peter99co 23:12 04 Oct 2010
  QuizMan 23:15 04 Oct 2010

Whatever will Albania do now?

Very sad. He was one of my all time favourite comedians. And a very good actor too.

ella33 23:32 04 Oct 2010

My parents used to take us to see his films, when we were young. They were always good fun. So sad to hear Norman has died.

Quickbeam 23:48 04 Oct 2010

Mr Grimsdale will not be best pleased at all.

I must be the only one in Britain who could not stand his pathetic and trite act (can't call it comedy 'cos, to me, it just wasn't funny)

mole44 05:43 05 Oct 2010

he`ll be missed by lot`s but like undyer to me he wasn`t funny,mind you i never liked jerry lewis or Mr Pastry.All to stupid to laugh at in my opinion.

interzone55 09:05 05 Oct 2010

I liked Norman Wisdom, but can't stand Lee Evans, who seems to have borrowed huge chunks of his act and added vast amounts of perspiration.

btw celebrities seem to pass away in threes, so Tony Curtis, Norman Wisdom who's next?

Brumas 09:15 05 Oct 2010

I too liked Norman Wisdom, good, clean humour, no smut combined with knockabout comedy. The whole family could watch his performances and have a good chuckle and he also had a decent singing voice - he wrote ‘Don’t laugh at me cos I’m a fool’ and sung it with such pathos, he will be missed.

canarieslover 09:27 05 Oct 2010

I think that he must go down in history as one of the great comedian actors. I aso liked the more serious side of his acting in his later life. It will be a "Goodbye Norman Wizzbum", as my boys called him when they were young.

Woolwell 10:33 05 Oct 2010

People forget that he was quite a good musician having learnt to play the trumpet and clarinet with the Army before the 2nd World War. He was also a champion boxer in the Army.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017