Buying a Canon Refurbished Camera

jakimo 11:11 06 Jan 2009

Have just bought a refurb. digi.camera through the Canon auction shop in ebay,but was not sure what I would get.

What I received is what appears to be a brand new camera,complete with new cables\battery charger\instruction manual\software & 12 months warranty.

So anyone considering a Canon this should be their first stop and grab a bargain..

click here

johndrew 16:48 06 Jan 2009

Many good manufacturers refurbish units either part exchanged or returned under warranty. In many cases these units are to an `as new` standard when offered for re-sale but because they are `second user` units seldom attract a price close to that of a truly `new` unit.

Businesses such as Morgan Computers click here carry such units along with surplus/discontinued stock and these are a bargain for those on a tight budget.

I agree with you, jakimo, it is a great way of picking up a bargain. However, if everyone did it we would all be chasing a very limited supply.

jack 17:18 06 Jan 2009

Many of my purchases over the years has been of the 'Last Weeks Technology/refurb- variety.
From Morgans and others
Many of these items may well be refurbs, but also returned new stock because the upgrade is out on the shelves.

AL47 18:38 06 Jan 2009

my iphone and laptop were referbs

my iphone cost the same as a new one with delivery included in that price [i had it delivered from the states without signing a contract,wasnt out here] had it over a year now,

my laptop would have cost about 1600 but i got it under a grand, its almost 2 years old and no problems

jakimo 19:28 06 Jan 2009

glad to hear its worked out for others,Obviously this was a first for me,and was expecting a scratched camera and dogeared documentation,so I'm delighted with the end result and will consider a refurb printer when the time comes

Condom 19:29 06 Jan 2009

I am still convinced that the Epson R265 I bought from the Epson refurbishment site was brand new. It arrived in a plain brown box but that was the only difference I could see at half the price. Best printer I ever bought and it is still printing beautifully albeit with a CISS system rather than Epson cartridges.

Stuartli 21:24 06 Jan 2009

It used to be very well known that the Fuji "refurbished" digital cameras on sale at Morgans Computers were, in fact, brand new.

I believe this description was used to avoid upsetting those who had paid much more before a model was discontinued.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?