Business speak - mind furniture

Managing ed 11:37 15 May 2009

My wife, who works for the IOD, this morning sent me these three examples of actual phrases, some of her clients had heard recently.

I wonder, can we synagistically run some ideas up the flagpole (come up with some more)?

"take this thought up the strategic staircase"

"we need to re-arrange our mind furniture"

"a colleague of mine recently told me he was having a 'cube built' that would give him 'total visibility'. I asked him if he meant that there is a database that gives him information. Apparently there is"

Quickbeam 11:41 15 May 2009

which I have warmed to, is right on the satirical case of this sort of crapo management speak:)

Woolwell 12:09 15 May 2009

"evolve the organisation's name and new brand platform" is one I came across. What is a brand platform?

Covergirl 12:17 15 May 2009

click here

including a link to a BBC article.

(This must put me in "The Moderator" category click here )

Sorry . . . :-)

Managing ed 14:35 15 May 2009
  interzone55 15:07 15 May 2009

This lines from a story about Katie Price (neé Jordan) being dropped by her management surely is in line for a business speak award...

"During that time we have worked hard to build Katie as a successful individual and brand, moving her from a glamour model and repositioning her as the country's foremost female celebrity"

click here

interzone55 15:09 15 May 2009

This lines from a story about Katie Price (neé Jordan) being dropped by her management surely is in line for a business speak award...

"During that time we have worked hard to build Katie as a successful individual and brand, moving her from a glamour model and repositioning her as the country's foremost female celebrity"

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?