bungee jumping/base jumping has anyone done it?

Uboat 12:35 28 Jan 2011

I'm looking to do it for the first time this year & wanted to know ive heard with bungee jumping you can only do it a limited amount of times in your life for some reason.? is it the same for base jumping.? & why is that you cant do it as many times as you want.?

Also what is the feeling like.? ive heard of people peeing themselves with excitement whilst on the drop? is it that good.?

UB

gengiscant 13:14 28 Jan 2011

I don't know about peeing myself with excitement, more like absolute terror. But yes great fun.
I must admit to a faint fear that they had not attached the cord to my ankles correctly and I was about to die. Go for it.

B.buildings-A.antennae-S.spans,bridges-E.earth,cliffs.

You jump off anyone of these things and immediately pull the parachute and hope that it opens before you hit the ground. Not done that,neither do I want to.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:16 28 Jan 2011

I have bungee jumped a few time whilst abroad and it's one of those things that you really ought to do once at least. Evacuation of the bowels prior to the leap is de rigueur if you are of a delicate constitution. No training is necessary.

Base jumpers need to be well experienced in sky-diving and I would not consider doing it until I had at least 60 free-fall jumps in my log. After 4 base jumps off different structures you can apply for a BASE number. Base jumpers make bungee jumpers look like big girls.

Life is not about the number of breaths you take but it is about how many times your breath was taken away.

G

Woolwell 13:23 28 Jan 2011

BASE jumping is illegal in many places. See click here

peter99co 14:00 28 Jan 2011

I would think a bungee jump is limited because of how it must stretch all the internal organs and one to many may have a nasty effect.

Check your own ties and make sure the other end is secure. I think they use different rubbers for different weights and you do not want to be on the one not connected :0(

Is it over water or land?

Good Luck and soft landing!

Kevscar1 16:23 28 Jan 2011

better off doing it over a trampoline.

Bingalau 17:01 28 Jan 2011

I would say that anybody who practises these types of so called "sports" is mentally deficient in some way. There are risks and there are risks.

I've done risky things during my days in the services, but to set out to purposely damage your ankles or knees in bungee jumping is absurd, (you might get away with one jump without damaging anything).

Base jumping is illegal for a reason. Normal parachuting is statistically safer than crossing the road.

There's no doubt that there are many "Cadbury's fruit and nut cases" about these days.

Quickbeam 17:13 28 Jan 2011

"...one of those things that you really ought to do once at least."
If it doesn't work the first time...

Not for me that ain't!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:15 28 Jan 2011

BASE jumped a bit in my younger days before it became illegal, lost count of how many time times I jumped out of planes for business and pleasure.

Raced and fell off motorbikes, was lucky just broke a few bones.

Paying for it now, as knees are shot,
Would I recommend anyone else to do it?

No!

Would I do it again?
Of course I would -- life is all about taking risks :0)

Only you can judge how much risk you want to take.

sunnystaines 17:21 28 Jan 2011

not got the bottle to jump

OTT_B 18:18 28 Jan 2011

Plenty of skydiving from helicopters (basically the same thing as base jumping). Great fun and only nearly been killed once.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?