Bulk e-mailer software -can anyone advise or help?

mulderat 08:03 27 Sep 2008

Hello
I am looking for advice on a bulk e-mailer software. I currently have 5000 contacts in an Outlook Express list which I wish to mail regularly each month. However, my current ISP will only allow me to send mails approx 5 mails (to between 50 - 75 at a time)before telling me that I cannot send any more that day.

I need advise on which bulk e-mail software that I can either buy or download which will enable me to import all my contacts from Outlook Express - and send a regular mail or newsletter to all of them each month.

Can you help me?

Many thanks

John B 08:12 27 Sep 2008

A google search found this one ... click here

jack 08:14 27 Sep 2008

send mails approx 5 mails (to between 50 - 75 at a time)before telling me that I cannot send any more that day.'

Your ISP restriction is the stumbling block- no Software as far as I can visualize will change that.

It is very likely that your ISP will allow a bulk send once a month if you go 'Commercial' -
That is is pay'em more.

If this is private membership then and address confidentiality is not an issue- you could devise a team of co-senders who have a block of asddresses to forward a copy of the mail they get from you.
A Round Robin in effect.

mulderat 08:33 27 Sep 2008

Many thanks John - I will check this out.

Also - thanks for your comments Jack. You are correct - so I will probably speak to Virgin on this.

Thanks both for your quick replies - much appreciated.

spuds 11:37 27 Sep 2008

As been previously mentioned, it might be all down to possible 'bandwidth' contract terms. Your ISP no doubt would supply larger bandwidth for a increase of service price and package.

Failing that, you could try a domain and hosting company. Depending on bulk and usage they might have a suitable business package!.

DieSse 17:58 27 Sep 2008

The ISP restriction is likely a limit enforced by their outgoing SMTP server.

The answer would be to set up your own server and send directly from it. I've never used one, but I know someone who used Postcast successfully.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?