BT Trialing 8MB in selected areas

igk 23:12 17 Jan 2006

Just seen on the newsgroup BT.Broadband.Support
that they are trialing 8mb speeds (subject to distance from exchange in the following areas:
Heres a list of exchanges on the MaxDSL trial, may be of interest to others: Barry, Belfast Cregagh, Belfast Knock, Bridgeton, Bristol,Redcliffe,Cardiff Central, Chelsea, Fulham, Giffnock, Glasgow Western (Linfern), Glengormley, Howland Street, Lisburn, Londonderry, Londonderry Waterside,Lords, Mayfair, Newquay, Newtownards, Penzance, Pollok, Primrose Hill,Roath, Saltash, Scotstoun, St Austell, Truro, Vauxhall, Bangor (NI), Belfast(City), Belfast (Balmoral), Chiswick, Connel, Dalmally, Earls Court, East Kilbride, Glasgow Cambuslang, Greengairs, Harlesdon, Harrow, Helensburgh,Kensington Gardens, Kimarnock, Langside, Llandaff, Llanishen,Lochgolihead,
Octiltree, Radyr Glam, Rhoose, South Kensington, St Ives (Cornwall), West Kensington.

Forum Editor 23:23 17 Jan 2006

my area's not listed.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:32 17 Jan 2006

Haven't even got natural gas where I live, so not much point in scanning the towns.

'Barry'...shurely shome mishtake!!!!!!
G

Forum Editor 23:45 17 Jan 2006

to launch a film download service.

stalion 00:06 18 Jan 2006

There must be some mistake.............
same here

Chegs ®™ 01:33 18 Jan 2006

None of those places are even in the county where I live.Looks like all we're suitable for is housing the worlds biggest nuclear dustbin. :-(

rmcqua 08:59 18 Jan 2006

...and I was hoping the Isle of Wight would be top of their list!

Tazfan 13:16 18 Jan 2006

Im so pleased I dont have BT.

Long live my 10MB connection with NTL! Seeing as I am the only one in the area who is online, I have a whole hub to myself, so have no problems with speed. Its always turbo charged.

Also with cable, it doesnt matter how far away from an exchange you are.

TOPCAT® 13:23 18 Jan 2006

I note that SIX of the places listed are here in Cornwall. Still, it's nothing more than you'd expect for the righteous. :o)) And that's from a Yorkshireman exiled here these many years! TC.

anskyber 15:05 18 Jan 2006

Well as a Cornishman in Cumbria its a little annoying that BT have discovered the world does not end at Devon!

sunny staines 18:09 18 Jan 2006

sunny staines not mentioned, but we covered by bulldog LLU so not too bad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?