British Style

Al94 07:32 08 Apr 2011

What happened to it? click here

BT 08:27 08 Apr 2011

'Neanderchavs' comes to mind.

Do they realise just how awful they look.

carver 08:44 08 Apr 2011

I think that the 2 who were shown off the course should have been allowed to stay and some of the others should have been chucked out.

All I can add is they should have gone to that place that sell glasses, or bought a mirror.

onthelimit1 08:52 08 Apr 2011

Who said Britons are getting fatter!

Quickbeam 08:55 08 Apr 2011

There couldn't possibly be more difference in appearance between the the catwalk figure and the beer swilling ladette figure in the same dress could there?

SimpleSimon1 08:57 08 Apr 2011

Aaagh, my eyes....Al94, thanks a bundle for that link...it You might have at least included a warning...it's really not what I need at the start of the day :-)

carver 09:17 08 Apr 2011

Theres only one thing worse than seeing some thing like those people at the start of the day and that would be having to see them at bed time.

SimpleSimon1 09:28 08 Apr 2011

Aaagh, my imagination.... :-)

wee eddie 11:50 08 Apr 2011

you can let a lot more slip and you're not held up to ridicule.

I'll bet that most of those pictured felt a Million Dollars until some unkind photographer worked his worst with angles and exposure.

OK, so there will always be some Horror Shows but many looked marvellous and almost everyone had a good time.

I should also say that, if you go Racing at Longchamp, you will realise that the French have their equivalent disaster areas as well and not all Parisian Ladies are elegant Couture Cloths-horses either. In fact "The Parisienne (Middle-aged) Waddle is a sight to behold, unequalled elsewhere in the world.

interzone55 16:37 08 Apr 2011

Obviously Ladies Day means something different in Liverpool.

The woman on the left in the top row of pictures looks a lot like a woman who lives near me, if it's her she looks better when she's not "scrubbed up".

johndrew 16:41 08 Apr 2011

I'm glad horse racing doesn't temp me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone