British law students in Brazil

exdragon 07:59 20 Aug 2009

click here

How long before these two return home and sell their story for hundreds of thousands? You'd think that studying law would have given them some inking that what they did was wrong.

Bapou 10:40 20 Aug 2009

Both knew they were breaking the law. Their problem was believing punishment, if caught, would be similar to here, a slap on the wrist and sent home.

Even so, Brazil has been lenient to them, 64 days work is better than jail time. As for the fine, no doubt parents will come to the rescue.

Colin 13:22 20 Aug 2009

Two airheads who couldn't think through what they were doing and they're law students as well!

Kevscar1 17:37 20 Aug 2009

Lets hope no law company will employ them with this conviction.
I wouldn't want them working out how much I have to pay.

Forum Editor 18:49 20 Aug 2009

Now there's a novel way to embark on a career in the law. Two silly girls are going to pay a big price for a moment of insanity; how on earth they thought they would get away with this is beyond me. My sympathy meter is at zero.

oresome 19:10 20 Aug 2009

They've been foolish. Young people sometimes are,(and olders ones too who should know better), but one mistake shouldn't ruin a life.

Colin 19:13 20 Aug 2009

"one mistake shouldn't ruin a life" - is committing a deliberate act of fraud a mistake?

Forum Editor 19:17 20 Aug 2009

but whose life has been ruined here? certainly not those of these two girls - they're young, and what will happen will happen, I'm sure they'll be fine.

On the other hand,let's not trivialise the incident, it was a premeditated fraud, and that's a serious offence.

oresome 19:35 20 Aug 2009

Is that what you meant or was it a typo?

laurie53 19:58 20 Aug 2009

Might not ruin a life, but I suspect it will certainly ruin a career.

lofty29 20:03 20 Aug 2009

I dont know about ruining a career, mandelson did pretty well.On that basis the should be gauranteed a ministerial post with labour a some time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?