Bring It On!

morddwyd 22:15 03 Oct 2011

All ready for winter - had my flu jab this morning!

Quickbeam 22:22 03 Oct 2011

I had mine last Tuesday, just before the 30 degree heatwave hit me down with heat exhaustion!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:22 03 Oct 2011

27 degrees here in my garden this afternoon and your talking about winter :0(

Aitchbee 22:50 03 Oct 2011

I canny get mine cos i'm too young and healthy and I keep all you auld buggers oot o' ma face.

Aitchbee 22:59 03 Oct 2011

Could this be the reason why for the second time in the space of a week i was unable to make an appointment to see the practice nurse for a routine blood check...even Doc Martin would do.

BT 08:41 04 Oct 2011

"unable to make an appointment to see the practice nurse"

Our Surgery gets over this problem by having a special Saturday clinic for Flu jabs on a couple of weekends in October. They rope all the various nurses from both of the sites and doing it on a 'Production line' system. There are usually about 6-8 nurses wielding the hypodermics and some of the reception/office staff marshalling the patients, and there is also one of the Doctors on hand. As there are a large number of older people in the area there is often a queue out into the carpark.

They must get through several hundred jabs on a Saturday morning. Its a case of sleeve rolled up ready, "Name, Date of Birth, reason(age or medical condition)" JAB. Leave via the rear fire exit to avoid getting mixed up with the people still coming in.

Quickbeam 09:21 04 Oct 2011

Leave via the rear fire exit to avoid getting mixed up with the people still coming in or mixed in with the cattle herd having their TB jabs at the vets next door!

morddwyd 09:50 04 Oct 2011

Reading some of these problems makes me realise how lucky we are.

One normal workday nominated each year, 9 - 7, and while the car park may be full, and a bit of a queue, particularly early on, we've never had to wait longer than three or four minutes.

All doctors and nurses (three or four of each), except the one dealing with the urgent appointments, doing the jabs so it's in, jab, quick joke or other exchange of pleasantries with the doctor, five minute rest in the waiting room (in case you keel over) and then on to a full breakfast in some local hostelry.

The visit has never taken longer than 15 minutes, start to finish, and we're always eating breakfast by 10.30.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017