BP Share price (omg)

Uboat 13:08 01 Jun 2010

Wow i was watching the news just ten mins ago & bp shares have plummeted by 17% thats a HUGE amount of there share price, apparently the bbc news caster said that BP have something to do with pensions in the uk.? I think the next step to stop this leak may fail as well! i cant see things picking up for them at the moment, i mean this oil spill isnt going away EVEN if they stopped it now!

a us congress woman is is in direct communication with Obama was on the news & she said she has never seen anything quite like it! she said its horrific to see, apparently the oil when broken down by the chemicals they have been using is making the oil go below the surface it kinda looses its buoyancy making it much worse!

click here

egapup 14:44 01 Jun 2010

Im sure I heard that it was BP's rig but it wasn't BP doing the drilling...perhaps the company who actually caused this should step up.

rawprawn 14:49 01 Jun 2010

" BP have something to do with pensions in the uk.?"

Most pension funds will be holding BP Shares, it has always been regarded as safe, and paid very good dividends.
Obviously this disaster will have an adverse effect on any future dividends not to mention the share price losses.

rawprawn 14:59 01 Jun 2010

The Deepwater Horizon drilling platform had been leased by BP from its owner, Transocean Ltd.[16] The U.S. Government has named BP as the responsible party in the incident, and officials have said the company will be held accountable for all cleanup costs resulting from the oil spill.[17][18] BP has accepted responsibility for the oil spill and the cleanup costs, but indicated they were not at fault because the platform was run by Transocean personnel

folsom 16:49 01 Jun 2010

I think the buck stops at BP's door on this one.

egapup 18:55 01 Jun 2010

OK...thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017