Blue Screen of Death Screensaver???

WD2003 21:46 13 Jan 2008

Well, I've just seen a page on the Sysinternals page of the Microsoft TechNet, offering a Blue Screen of death screensaver.

Microsoft wrote:

One of the most feared colors in the NT world is blue. The infamous Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) will pop up on an NT system whenever something has gone terribly wrong. Bluescreen is a screen saver that not only authentically mimics a BSOD, but will simulate startup screens seen during a system boot.

• On NT 4.0 installations it simulates chkdsk of disk drives with errors!

• On Win2K and Windows 9x it presents the Win2K startup splash screen, complete with rotating progress band and progress control updates!

• On Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 it present the XP/Server 2003 startup splash screen with progress bar!

Use Bluescreen to amaze your friends and scare your enemies!

Want to have a look? click here

rossgolf 20:24 15 Jan 2008

any one tried it?

Phere 00:07 16 Jan 2008

!DO IT!!!!!!!!!
its so funny but just for those that might not know hit the "ESC" button to get outa it...its great..!!!! well done for finding it..!!!

Phere 00:12 16 Jan 2008

how do i get it to be active as a screensaver as its not morphed over to the "display properties"...???...doh

Chegs ®™ 07:43 16 Jan 2008

If you read the info on the download page it does tell you howto setup as a screensaver.

Phere 10:38 16 Jan 2008

Chegs ®™ thankyou so much i missed that bit....

Chris the Ancient 16:35 16 Jan 2008

click here

Item #3 - Fake Progress Bar tends to keep 'busy' fingers away as well!

katkins 21:10 18 Jan 2008

By way of the wording reminder

click here

When I first started working with Windows some years back, I used to think it meant a reformat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?