Bloody BBC & Sport!!

Pine Man 16:40 20 Mar 2010

Saturday afternoon and evening and what is the best the BBC1 can do - wall to wall bloody rugby!

Starting at 2pm and finishing at 10pm nothing but rugby. I quite like to watch a game of rugby but this is taking the p***.

I can't believe that the majority of people who would normally watch BBC1 on a Saturday afternoon and evening would want to watch all that rugby.

I don't know how to spell all of the expletives I would like to use and the ones I can spell would get me banned.

BT 16:50 20 Mar 2010

They seem to think that everything has to stop for whatever is the sporting event of the day and sod everyone else. We are not ALL sports fans.

Its about time they dedicated one of their alternative channels -BBC3 or BBC4 as a sports channel and left the flagship channels alone. After all the majority of dedicated sports fans now have cable or satellite and soon everyone will have Freeview.

Thank goodness for Cable and Freeview, at least I will have an alternative.

Barnacarry 17:26 20 Mar 2010

BT. I think you'll find there is a good game of Cricket on ITV4 just now - that's Freeview.

NORFOLK SPARKY 18:00 20 Mar 2010

I agree it's annoying when they disrupt the programs for other things, but BBC 1 has a load of rubbish on on Saturdays so what's it matter, watch one of the other channels

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:05 20 Mar 2010

Lighten up

the world cup is about to start and there will be nothing but football on for a month. :0)

Rearrange RUGBY to arrive at what you get when playing the game :0)

Pine Man 18:07 20 Mar 2010

I don't often feel so strongly about something but I have actually sent the BBC a complaint about this.

Maybe it will be read out on 'Points of view'. Suitably censored of course!

Pine Man 18:10 20 Mar 2010

'nothing but football on for a month.'

Yes - but I don't ever remember it lasting for 8 hours like this RUGBBY;-))

ventanas 22:01 20 Mar 2010

Even though I love rugby I do have to agree, this is too much.
Weekend TV should contain some variety.

In case you havn't noticed when the rugby finishes, football starts.

Covergirl 22:57 20 Mar 2010

. . . sport appears to be one of the most popular things on telly, especially football, rugby, snooker, darts, F1, WRC (and so on) and if it's popular it attracts an audience and if it attracts an audience, any broadcaster wants to show it.

Don't watch much sport myself, mainly motorsport when I get time.

Personally I think it's a male macho/testosterone fuelled hobby which includes the consumption of several alcoholic drinks to make it appear better than it actually is.

morddwyd 07:47 21 Mar 2010

"Personally I think it's a male macho/testosterone fuelled hobby which includes the consumption of several alcoholic drinks to make it appear better than it actually is."

You mean like barbecuing?

Pine Man 08:16 21 Mar 2010

The Mail on Sunday appears to support my view click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?