That Bloody annoying Ad on Sky

Kev.Ifty 23:46 13 Oct 2008

If I hear that 'True Colours' Advert for Sky HD once more. So help me!!

They say Music soothes the savage breast...

click here

I think 'Video music' should be included.... I can forgive her already!

Forum Editor 23:56 13 Oct 2008

It looks and sounds great in HD as far as I'm concerned.

al7478 01:07 14 Oct 2008

unfortunately theyre a necassary evil, but i find most ads patronising drivel.

of course, occasionally a funny or particularly inventive one comes along.

laurie53 08:49 14 Oct 2008

I've got a formal complaint in with Trading Standards about an annoying Sky ad at the moment.

The one where they advertise no HD installation charge if you take Multiroom, but isn't actually available!

newman35 09:10 14 Oct 2008

The ad is doing exactly what it is supposed to - getting attention. So the more we give it free publicity on here, the happier Sky will be.
Whether the ad sticks in the mind because you love/hate/discuss it doesn't matter, it's consolidating into your subconcious. Sky, win-win!

GRIDD 09:16 14 Oct 2008

Don't get me started about Sky!

I now associate them with the fat bloke of the Bank adverts.... "Brand New Customers Only" and the "we hoik you in...." ones.

laurie53 they'll take money off the price of the box but not installation. When I called I managed to convince them to drop £50 off the price of the box if I took Multi-room, where as install charge is still £60. It didn't make sense to take a service costing £120 (multi-room) for a year to save £50 up front so I declined.

I have to say though, I now ignore any adverts from Sky and I mute the TV when 'True Colours' comes on. In protest to Sky's "brand new customers only" attitude I upgraded my Virgin service to their VIP deal and turned Sky off.

anchor 12:30 15 Oct 2008

I just looked at the link given by Kev.Ifty.

Quite frankly I thought it was a load of rubbish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?