Birth night live....

Mr Mistoffelees 19:35 08 Oct 2006

Is it just me, or do others think this is another step towards the gutter for British television?

click here

mikef. 20:03 08 Oct 2006

A step to far

josie mayhem 20:09 08 Oct 2006

Been there! done that and I don't want to see it...

when I was having my oldest daughter almost 20 years ago, they was one girl (she was no lady) who had her friend take photographs of the whole labour all parts, so she could show her daughter when she was older...... In my opinion this is quite perverted...

Now adays it's common pratice to make childbirth a family affair, I agree to hubby/partner being there but mother, mother-in-law as well!!!

lisa02 20:27 08 Oct 2006

If you don't like what you see, then don't watch.

I am watching it though and I have been through it twice myself. My partner was there for the births as was my mum for my last child now 2yrs old.

My partner doesn't much like it though, he obviously wanted to support me and did, but he reminisces often about how gross it was when he was shown a graphic video of it in school at the age of 15.

Jak_1 20:48 08 Oct 2006

Use the chanel switch!

Mr Mistoffelees 21:19 08 Oct 2006

I won't be going anywhere near it. I find myself wondering why any woman would want this kind of intrusion, and to be watched live by thousands, whilst giving birth?

Mr Mistoffelees 21:20 08 Oct 2006

"it" is the program in question, not the channel switch.

lisa02 21:21 08 Oct 2006

It's a celebratory event that she probably wants to share, though I can't quite understand her motivation for this level of openness unless it's financial.

DrScott 21:22 08 Oct 2006

childbirth, whilst certainly excruciating and pretty grim viewing, is also extremely emotional to all involved and in a way, beautiful. I remember doing my deliveries as a medical student, and actually got a little tearful when the baby appeared - it's as if the pain and trauma of the event was all condensed into overwhelming joy once it was all over.

In our clinical and sterile world, I think we are all a bit too squeamish about things, and perhaps we really should be comfortable witnessing what has been going on since the dawn of man.

Forum Editor 23:38 08 Oct 2006

to watch her give birth - that's her affair. When it comes to a TV company transmitting the event to anyone who cares to switch on I'm not so sure.

In those circumstances it seems to me that there's a risk of exploitation - I can see what the TV company gains from it, but I'm not sure what's in it for the parents.

As for the audience - there's a real danger of attracting a voyeuristic element that should worry the producers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?