Birds of prey photos update.

Blackhat 12:57 20 Mar 2011

Some of you may have seen my previous post but since re-visiting the International Centre for Birds of Prey a few more times I have updated my slideshow. I have now included more pics showing the demonstration staff at work.

Please note that in slideshow mode it will last about 10-15 minutes.
click here

I did my first day as a volunteer worker last week and had the great pleasure of going off site with a young Harris Hawk for a training session and enjoyed my first hour of handling and flying a bird of prey. (I also spent time mucking out, cleaning water trays, wood treating perches & gardening but that is what volunteering is all about).

ICBP web site.
click here

Blackhat 13:02 20 Mar 2011

For some reason the slide show keeps stalling, I am using Picaso web albums, can anyone recommend a free web slideshow service that works reliably?

shellship 18:39 20 Mar 2011

No problem this end with your slideshow. magical stuff. Is it your trousers that are grass stained? Did you fall over trying to catch one of the gorgeous things?

BRYNIT 19:31 20 Mar 2011

Some great shots. Its a place I'd like to visit but its a little too far away.

I did notice that you has jpg 102 in twice, my eye may have being playing tricks as I thought there was another but couldn't find it.

chub_tor 20:02 20 Mar 2011

Fantastic photographs, particularly like the two young side by side owls each standing on one leg.

amonra 20:40 20 Mar 2011

Really enjoyed the show. Congratulations on some fine shots. Keep it up.

cycoze 21:07 20 Mar 2011

Lovely images, beautiful birds!

Really magical experience having BOPs fly to the glove, always leaves me in awe of them, hope your volunteering progresses to more handling for you.

I had a wild Little Owl kept me company last night on an area of rough grass for a couple of hours, I was trying to get some shots of the moon and the Owl appeared and hunted all around me, there was second one calling close by which was eerie, could hear Barn Owl and Tawny in the distance too, wonderful.

Strawballs 21:49 20 Mar 2011

There are some good ones of owls in the wild on itvwild.com

ella33 23:19 20 Mar 2011

Super pics, thanks. I didn't see any names but wondered what the white headed owls (twins) are called? I haven't seen them before.

Blackhat 09:24 21 Mar 2011

The only twins I could see are sat together on a perch and they are called Spectacled owls from central & southern America.

click here

shellship, not my trousers, I was taking the pics.

chub_tor, those two are fully grown burrowing owls and my favorites

Quickbeam 09:43 21 Mar 2011

There's some very expressive characteristics showing in some of those faces eying you through the lens, very dead pan and dead eye.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?