big queues this morning

sunnystaines 09:20 24 Jun 2010

just seen queues outside the phone shops, asked if they were having a sale.

no they said the new i phone comes out today, is it so good they have to queue to get it, some even had blankets so must have queued ages.

just wondered were they sad cases or after a good discount if bought on the first day.

Mr Mistoffelees 09:25 24 Jun 2010

Methinks, sad cases.

dagbladet 09:35 24 Jun 2010

Did they look sad? Or were they merely engaging in a pursuit of something that you personally have no interest in?

Oh and its 'I think' not 'methinks', or are you medieval?

sunnystaines 10:04 24 Jun 2010

they all looked bored and fed up, why not just wait a few days and walk in and buy one without a queue.

I can imagine young children being impatient & excited, but these were all adults.

dagbladet you are right i have no real interest in phones so perhaps i am missing something, just find it hard to see the urgency about a phone when they may well already have one.

Is there any discounts for the first day?

dagbladet 10:10 24 Jun 2010

"i have no real interest in phones so perhaps i am missing something, just find it hard to see the urgency about a phone when they may well already have one...."

Couldn't agree more. However, why sad? If they're happy who are we to pee on their bonfire?

sunnystaines 10:51 24 Jun 2010

perhaps you two are right, just found it amazing to see.

wee eddie 13:08 24 Jun 2010

That's what they are

spuds 13:20 24 Jun 2010

Why queue for a 'must have', when in a few months time, eBay or the local recycling centre or skip will have forlorn looking supplies at giveaway prices :O))

Mr Mistoffelees 16:42 24 Jun 2010

I prefer not to restrict my vocabulary to words in common use by the texting generation.

lotvic 18:36 24 Jun 2010

Sad methinks too ;-)

(or for dagbladet - I think also)

canarieslover 18:39 24 Jun 2010

....to take them back.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017