Big Brother gone too far?

rodriguez 16:15 16 Jan 2007

Now I've never been a fan of Big Brother, but I find the recent behaviour of contestants against Shilpa unacceptable - and what's worse is Channel 4 allowed it to be broadcast. Ofcom have received around 2,000 complaints from viewers about it and I think this could be the end of Big Brother. I remember when it started 7 years ago and it was a bit of a laugh and it was original but if this is what it's turned to, I won't be surprised if Endemol have to stop making it. Ofcom should also take some sort of action against Channel 4 for allowing it to be broadcast - and also against the contestants involved in making the racist remarks. These are also celebrities, which will make matters worse for them when they leave the house as they are bound to get hounded by the press and other people angry about their behaviour. And so they should.

Jackcoms 16:21 16 Jan 2007

Big Brother went too far on the very first day it appeared on our TV screens.

I was unfortunate once to be in the room for 5 minutes when it was being broadcast.

Never again

Zero G 17:19 16 Jan 2007

Channel 4 was the bad boy of British TV until Channel 5 came along. Shock/Mock TV seems to appeal to people.

I think i have watched may be a handful of times & it may me fun tv for some but not me.

spuds 17:20 16 Jan 2007

Personally I wouldn't waste my time watching the rubbish.Rather watch the shenanigans on the PCA Forums.

Belatucadrus 17:47 16 Jan 2007

click here

"Shilpa, who can speak six languages and has a black-belt in karate"

One can only hope she loses her cool and kicks seven bells out of these so called "celebrities".
Ghastly program, truly lowest common denominator TV.

DANZIG 18:35 16 Jan 2007

Have just heard on the news that the young lady in question hasn't actually made a complaint herself.

So whats the issue???

Jimmy14 18:45 16 Jan 2007

Alot of crimes in todays world take place but that doesn't guarantee the victim will come forward.

egapup 18:51 16 Jan 2007

If she was a white English girl that they had taken a dislike to, nothing would be said, it's only because she's so beautiful that the girls dont like her, not because she's Indian. I reckon she will win.....she's georgeous.

Watchful 19:09 16 Jan 2007

It can't go far enough for my liking. Terrible programme.

spikeychris 19:30 16 Jan 2007

Mr and Mrs producer are well pleased.

rodriguez 22:13 16 Jan 2007

Mr and Mrs producer are well pleased indeed. This year's Celebrity Big Brother's ratings were going down hill - until now. Just what Channel 4 needed to boost the ratings was a spot of controversy. I wonder how many people watched it now all this has gone on... (I still didn't watch it, it bores me).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone