big brother

semag 21:54 24 May 2006

Anyone watching it? Im ashamed of the human race after watching their behavior.

Forum Editor 22:12 24 May 2006

to watch such appalling rubbish. How anyone in their right mind could possibly find it entertaining is beyond me.

Al94 22:13 24 May 2006

No one with half an ounce of intelligence or self respect would watch it!

ade.h 22:16 24 May 2006

The FE has been remarkably understated in his assessment of the "sentience vacuum" that is Big Brother. When the trailers for it come around yet again every single year, I wish that this will be the year that the producers do something really different. Lock the doors, turn the cameras off and leave them to it...

De Marcus™ 22:55 24 May 2006

I feel robbed............

of decent 'just before bed' tv viewing, pathetic to say the least. Give me Shawshank Redemption anyday.

ghm101 23:34 24 May 2006

lol
are you guys are getting "Holier than thou" here?

The Spires 00:14 25 May 2006

Total rubbish that I don't watch.

DrScott 00:40 25 May 2006

Mental chewing gum at it's most saccharine.

Paint drying is marginally more entertaining - at least it has a positive result!

I certainly empathise with De Marcus - BB just means Channel 4 and E4 has continuous drivel on: I'd even rather watch repeats of Friends!! I just keep hoping for the day the execs just give up on this BB idea...

Cara2 00:49 25 May 2006

I 'dip' into it from time to time.

Certainly, I am very much in my 'right mind' - as are the majority of viewers!

Of course, it is not the most intelligent, informative of programmes - but the majority of viewers realise that and see it for what it is -'tabloid 'as opposed to 'broadsheet' and there is nothing wrong in that, for those it suits (it should not be compulsory!)and so long as that fact is recognised.

(My friend it the most well balanced, grounded person I know and she watches it more than I do!)

€dstowe 06:47 25 May 2006

The worst aspect of this dreadful display of the weird is not the programme itself but the viewers who vote in the eviction process.

Anyone who spends 50 pence or £1 in telephone costs to have one or other egoistic idiot voted to stay in (or be removed from, whichever it is) this TV studio is in serious need of financial and perhaps psychological advice.

This programme generates millions and millions of pounds from viewers vote telephone charges - which all goes to making someone extremely wealthy. What does the person placing the vote/making the call get? Absolutely nothing at all.

It is said that TV phone-in quizzes are a rip off but, at least in them there is a chance, however remote, of winning something.

Reality TV? Nothing real in it at all.

martjc 09:09 25 May 2006

...they've just found a different way of doing it.
But I agree with most here. BB is the most puerile thing on at the mo' and I refuse to be attacked by its insanity.
If it's on I'm off!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?