Beware cyber bullies you cannot

Wes.Clox 22:38 08 Jun 2012

hide behind your keyboard

enter link description here

Perhaps a few private prosecutions might make them think twice.

finerty 23:31 08 Jun 2012

about time they all should be named and shamed. good thing im still not on facebook, since i dont trust it and i have had friends who complain that other people are advertising their services on their facebook profiles and making out they know the individual.

interzone55 09:07 09 Jun 2012

I would imagine most trolls hide behind multiple fake identities and are using anonymous DNS relays.

So I really don't think this will have any effect on the sociopaths who make the lives of some facebook users a misery on a daily basis with the likes of personal insults on tribute pages to dead children.

Forum Editor 08:26 10 Jun 2012

The fact is, there are unpleasant people out there, and they will continue to be unpleasant, regardless. If you want to disguise your true identity on the Internet you can do it, and unless you make comments that are 'grossly offensive' within the meaning of the 2004 malicious communications act there's little anyone can do about it.

Site operators like us can make sure that cyber-bullies are kept at bay, but it involves round the clock monitoring, and on busy social network sites that can be prohibitively expensive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?