Best seats at the NEC Arena, advice please.

Blackhat 23:45 04 Jul 2008

I am about to purchase tickets for a concert (Katie Melua) and was wondering if anyone can advise me on decent seats. Most areas seem to be available still.

I have not been to a concert at the NEC for over 15 years and have previously been near the back and high up. Are there any problems areas to avoid?

Kev.Ifty 23:52 04 Jul 2008

click here select 'SEATING CHART' if it works click here

Cheers

Blackhat 00:01 05 Jul 2008

Thanks, I have seen the seat chart but that does not always tell you if have the best view or accoustics.

I would be thinking of near front, left or right side, not too far up. Problem is sometimes you get there and find that you can only see half the stage from some of these positions and the sound quality is very poor.

Kev.Ifty 00:51 05 Jul 2008

Been to the NEC Arena a few times years ago.
Saw Michael Bolton. The support act was Julia Fordham... She wasn't very good, when she announced her last song someone at the very back shouted 'GOOD' and she heard them.

So the acoustics are good lol

Go for centre but maybe four or five rows back.

I saw Earth Wind and Fire from the second row... Too close IMO.

spuds 12:33 05 Jul 2008

Perhaps going off subject slightly, but thats the best part about wearing an hearing aid. If the premises have a loop system (most big venues do), you can adjust to suit, but the viewing can be terrible at times.

interzone55 16:36 05 Jul 2008

To be honest, the sound systems in arenas these days are so good you get get sound everywhere, the best view in the NEC is middle of stage from about 8 rows back.

If you get much more than half-way back you'll need opera glasses to see the delightful Ms Melua - unless she's wheeled in some big screens, then just sit anywhere you like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?