Best or Worst advice given to you?

packettracer 12:03 01 Aug 2006

Careers adviser at school told people either Farming, The Army or become a barrister.

Not a surprising really as he was a barrister in the army & his family owned a farm!!!!!

Sethhaniel 12:31 01 Aug 2006

at dentists ;(

amonra 12:47 01 Aug 2006

Dont buy that house for £400,it's too expensive, prices cant keep going up and up forever !!!!!
My father-in-law, 1957

GroupFC 13:06 01 Aug 2006

Back-up, back-up and back-up!!!

Mad Gilbert 13:19 01 Aug 2006

Worst advice I ever got has to be when a friend of mine said I should try Championship Manager. Buggered up my whole final year at college that did!

josie mayhem 13:43 01 Aug 2006

Not sure that I could call it the worst but the most stupidist....

Being told by a social worker when my son throw a paddy not to but into his bedroom (I would give him sleeping problems) but to sit him at the bottom of the stairs and make a big T with my hands tell him time out repeat several times and make him sit there for no more than 5 minutes...

His face was a picture when I said that I couldn't do that! As I lived in a bungalow and didn't have any stairs.

And I was right all along, I ended up with the social worker after pleas of help via the doctors... Help I got some twit who blamed my sons behaviour on me.... If they took note on what I was saying about the paddys when they happened lasted for hours, no real pattern to them and in between you couldn't ask for a better behaved child....

Ended up resolving the issue myself.... I monitored what he was eating over a period of time and bingo I found what was causing all the hassel.... Mainly Blue smarties or other sweetes/foods that contained blue colouring...

wolfie3000 13:44 01 Aug 2006

"Earn respect dont expect it to be given to you!" My mother when i was a kid.

SG Atlantis® 13:51 01 Aug 2006

Don't laugh at others unless you can laugh at yourself.

Sapins 14:44 01 Aug 2006

Re-installing XP is a piece of cake!!!!

Pamy 15:25 01 Aug 2006

Trust me

De Marcus™ 15:35 01 Aug 2006

"I'll have that up n running in 10 minutes"

Two hours later............

Don't suppose that's advice either way, oh well..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?