The best job in the world?

Al94 22:03 12 Jan 2009

click here - join the queue!

Strawballs 22:36 12 Jan 2009

That has got to have the biggest queue ever.

Forum Editor 23:05 12 Jan 2009

than meets the eye.

When you get down to the detail you discover that applicants must have "At least one year's relevant experience", and short-listed candidates will be subjected to identification verification, health checks, police checks, visa eligibility, psychometric assessment and assessment of written English.

In addition, the final selection process will involve team challenges, physical, skill based and aptitude tests. Writing skills will be important, as the person selected will have to write a blog, and also prepare a video diary.

It's a great job, but the thousands (or tens of thousands) who apply will rapidly be whittled down - most of them won't meet the criteria.

Blackhat 23:09 12 Jan 2009

Sounds like it will be a game show next time!

Caretaker idol....

Brumas 23:25 12 Jan 2009

You'll be applying then - we will miss you ;o)

Bingalau 23:48 12 Jan 2009

Brumas, We will miss you too. Sounds like it's right up your street!

Forum Editor 00:00 13 Jan 2009

No, I won't.

I haven't been to Hamilton island, but I've flown over it, and I think that six months there would be five months too many - not that I would stand a chance of qualifying anyway, I don't have any scuba-diving experience, and I couldn't water-ski to save my life. I would probably fail the psychometric assessment as well.

laurie53 04:38 13 Jan 2009

Am I the only one who doesn't fancy it?

Doesn't seem my cup of tea at all, and I can think of nothing worse than living in such a place and trying to persuade thousands of tourists to come and ruin it for you.

God forbid, you might even get some Brits!

Quickbeam 08:32 13 Jan 2009

"join the queue!"
"I think that six months there would be five months too many"
"Am I the only one who doesn't fancy it?"

Everyone to their own, for myself I choose Iceland, Siberia and Scandinavia over Benidorm, Rimini or any Costa Wherever... There's no crowds where I go on holiday.

spuds 11:36 13 Jan 2009

Perhaps I am being a being a little bit suspicious here, but why advertise a job when the person dealing with this vacancy states that he is "having to beat his staff off" for the post.

Doesn't local knowledge count for anything nowadays?.

Jim Thing 11:53 13 Jan 2009

"There's no crowds where I go on holiday."

If it's beautiful scenery and virtually deserted beaches you're looking for, come to N. Ireland.

No. Hang on. On second thoughts please don't. We wouldn't want to end up with a McDonalds or KFC every couple of miles along the Antrim Coast Road.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?