The best game ever?

wolfie3000 17:50 04 Feb 2006

This game seems to have everything.
An online world where anything is possible.
Im gonna download and test it out tonight any feed back from other forum users will help.

click here

Forum Editor 18:02 04 Feb 2006

to me.

wolfie3000 18:45 04 Feb 2006

Im curious FE why do you think its so awfull?

gudgulf 23:50 04 Feb 2006

Looks like a must try for me..........and take no notice of the FE.

He is known for his (self confessed)shall we say, missunderstanding of the importance of pc gaming,lol.

Forum Editor 00:00 05 Feb 2006

I do realise that gaming is important to lots of people - it's just that I've never understood why they take it all so seriously.

Once, when working in America, I was taken to see a gaming tournament in a huge hotel. I saw some very sad people who obviously devoted a huge chunk of their lives to these games, and not much besides. They talked of little else, and I couldn't help feeling a bit sorry for them - they inhabited a kind of fantasy world.

I'm not silly enough to think that all gamers are like that, and I can certainly appreciate the skill that goes into producing and playing some of these games - but that's as far as it goes I'm afraid.

As for wolfie3000's "online world where anything is possible." - sorry, but the description on the site is enough for me.

wolfie3000 00:22 05 Feb 2006

the gaming community isnt about locking yourself in a room for hours playing a game theres much more.
iv met many people through playing online games and going to lan parties theres a whole mix of people,

Young old male and female.
There are different gamers too in the sense that someonly play online some video there triumphs and post the videos online.
Others create mods for games and some create there own.

As for skill well its not just about how you play but there attitude while gaming.
Most people only hear about hackers in game servers but i would say that 90% are freindly gamers and good sports while playing.

It takes alot of skill to create mods for games iv been gaming for years and can only manage only simple mods.

But most gamers have social lives outside of gaming and iv hardly ever seen people taking games too seriously.

I think most gamers realise what its all about that its only a game.

As for the game in my original post the gfx are ok but nothing special but the fact there seems to be alot of people inhabiting the variuos planets caught my interest no big cities yet but i can see some of the planets growing into cities the size of new york.

wolfie3000 00:24 05 Feb 2006

A universe of 3d worlds to explore. Miniature civilisations, populated by real people!
"It's fun, Jim, but not as we know it..."

Must admit FE it does sound cheesey but i cant knock the game for its gameplay.

Snec 02:58 05 Feb 2006

See FE's first two paragraphs (midnight post).

I wonder if some people have similar thoughts about people who continuously, day after day, year after year, post to computer forums.

ade.h 15:05 05 Feb 2006

I hardly think that browsing a forum for an hour or so, perhaps while you work, can be compared to the habit of playing games for hours every day, as some of the more hardcore gamers do.

SG Atlantis® 16:37 05 Feb 2006

I know some lazy bums I went to school with don't work - never held down a job - and they sit up all hours playing games and sleep all day. Pretty sad waste of their lives.

My fiancee plays games... We have hundreds of pounds worth of games including FEAR, NFS games, Narnia, Black and White2 and what do I play..... a game I bought years ago for a fiver. Pool Paradise.

SG Atlantis® 16:39 05 Feb 2006

I don't think that game would appeal to her, certainly wouldn't to me anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?