BBC Watchdog Broadband Survey

johndrew 11:59 07 Mar 2007

Within these forums there are often threads where people are unhappy with aspects of their ISP`s service.

BBC Watchdog are carrying out a survey which may permit those who are unhappy with any facet of their ISP to put it into a formal format which could possibly improve matters.

At any rate the outcome will be interesting!!!

click here

Confab 12:21 07 Mar 2007

I think this was posted a couple of weeks back. I gave my ISP, Madasafisg, a big 5 rating as I am verry happy with them. I'm sure that others have done the same.

I will be interested to see the results.

Confab

johndrew 16:04 07 Mar 2007

Missed that. I`ll leave it a bit as a reminder or for anyone else that missed it.

Stuartli 20:59 07 Mar 2007

The problem with such surveys is that anyone with a gripe will fill them in and others that are quite happy (usually the vast majority) won't bother.

So the likely outcome is that virtually all ISPs may well receive damning reports.

This link may be of interest:

click here

johndrew 14:16 08 Mar 2007

Agreed, but if you had no gripes with your ISP it would be providing what you had paid for. For example the recent connectivity problems with Vista which appear to be down to the ISPs concerned.

As a result it probably is a measure of `satisfaction` if people do complain. What then needs to be done perhaps is to consider the total number of customers an ISP has relative to the complaints as the more customers ......

Even your link fails to advise how it reached its conclusions, the sample size and criteria used are important.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone