BBC staff lose laptops and mobiles worth £240k

peter99co 11:53 09 Aug 2010

click here

However,

The worst offender was the Ministry of Defence which had more items go missing than the BBC in that time.

Altogether MoD staff reported the loss or theft of £620,193 worth of devices - including 593 CDs, DVDs and floppy disks, 340 laptops, 215 USB memory sticks and 13 mobile phones.

Last month a survey by Lewis Communications revealed that 11 government departments had reported the loss of 518 laptops, 131 Blackberrys or iPhones, 104 mobiles and 932 electronic storage devices worth worth an estimated £781,453 during the same period.

sunnystaines 13:06 09 Aug 2010

with so many adrift are staff nicking them

Bingalau 13:11 09 Aug 2010

The word used to be "misappropriating".

Then again when I was in the services if you lost anything of value such as a G10 98 wristwatch. You had to pay the amount of money the item was worth and also pay for its replacement. So as you can guess not many things of value were lost.

jakimo 13:15 09 Aug 2010

Why cant the "Lost" equipment be tagged,so that they could be scanned when leaving the building?

Chegs ®™ 13:45 09 Aug 2010

When I started work at Sellafield many years ago,the safety shoes provided had a white stripe down the heel "to prevent theft" yet at finishing time,thousands walked out the plant wearing their shoes & the Police on the gate never once stopped anyone,but as the Police had also "lost" 2 complete Landrovers decked-out in the CNP colours,I found this unsurprising.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?