BBC Registration ~ Ha! Ha! Ha!

wee eddie 22:26 26 Jun 2017

I have no problem with registration, most every other site I visit regularly asks for it, this one included.

However, I do wish they had worked out the benefits before shouting them abroad.

I, for example, watch the occasional program but only on a Monday or Tuesday. Frequently I am looking for the next episode of the chosen Series, So, I would like to be able to click on it's predecessor, on my Watch List. Unfortunately, since Registration, my Watch List has been unavailable and still is.

BBC ~ Hang your head in shame

Forum Editor 22:42 26 Jun 2017

BBC iPlayer has been experiencing technical issues for the past few days.

wee eddie 23:25 26 Jun 2017

A couple of weeks, at the least, by my experience.

In fact, since inception

morddwyd 09:56 27 Jun 2017

Why are you complaining to us and not the BBC?

(Though I must admit, if my experience is anything to do by you won't even get the courtesy of an automatic acknowledgement, let alone an answer!)

Cymro. 11:47 27 Jun 2017

I only wish all my problems were as minor as this one.

wee eddie 13:04 27 Jun 2017

mddw: I have looked for a way to respond but the BBC's 'on site' pathway eludes me

bumpkin 13:48 27 Jun 2017

I only wish all my problems were as minor as this one.

It may be minor to you but for wee eddie it is clearly causing great distress.

wee eddie 14:07 27 Jun 2017

Nah, distress is the wrong word, so is frustration.

MY inner thoughts are that an organisation, such as the BBC, should really have their house in order, before, they launch their site. If it were a local Radio Station, one could excuse them but a behemoth such as the BBC, not really

Forum Editor 22:29 27 Jun 2017

In fairness to the BBC, the iPlayer service was launched a long time ago, and has worked very well until relatively recently.

The problem is that the service has become far more popular than was ever envisaged, especially since bandwidth has not been the huge problem it once was.

I'm not here to defend the BBC, but it's unfair to accuse the corporation of launching the site before their house was in order.

wee eddie 23:57 27 Jun 2017

The problem has almost certainly occurred as a result of "Required" registration

Aitchbee 16:28 28 Jun 2017

wee eddie, why am I not surprised that this registration problem hasn't been mentioned in The Archers ... so far? ;o]

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

See the Best Button Badge Designs of 2017

iPhone X review

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires