BBC Radio 5

JYPX 09:50 04 Oct 2010

5 Live - wall to wall sport.
5 Live Sports Extra - wall to wall sport.
Is this a good idea? Would not one channel covering news, and 1 channel covering sport make more sense. In fact, wasn't that the whole point of Five Live Sports Extra??

Quickbeam 09:57 04 Oct 2010

Wall to wall news would be like News 24, constant repetition of what you heard 5 minutes ago.

5 live extra only broadcasts on the twin channel when there is a different commentary to listen to. i.e. 2 similtanious football matches or a cricket test and the Wimbledon final.

Radio 4 gives enough dedicated radio news, and if that's not enough you can always catch Radio 1's Newsbeat for a extra dumb version...

JYPX 10:16 04 Oct 2010

Labour conference - full coverage on Five live.
LibDem conference - full coverage on Five live.
Tory conference - full coverage of the golf......

For me - this is not a sensible use of the TWO Five channels which are on air today. I could not give a monkeys what they "usually" do.....
Just my opinion. Brief conference coverage is internet only - not available to most who are driving.

Quickbeam 10:20 04 Oct 2010

that'll be because the golf was severely disrupted because of the heavy rain. But in any case both programmes would be talking balls...

JYPX 10:23 04 Oct 2010

I can't argue with you on that one.

interzone55 11:28 04 Oct 2010

At 9:50 this morning you complain about wall to wall sport of 5 Live, then at 10:16 you complain about full Tory conference coverage on 5 Live.

Please make your mind up...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone