bbc and ibm in cahoots?

mrwoowoo 01:04 30 Nov 2007

Ibm want to include adverts in rented or retail dvds.
Would anyone seriously put up with adverts on a dvd film just to save a pound or two,or 50p on a rental dvd.
Perhaps it's aploy and they will use it as an excuse to put up the ad free dvd price.
So, who would watch the ads to save a £1.
Not me )O:!

mrwoowoo 01:05 30 Nov 2007

Doh!...forgot the link.
click here

Bandy 07:39 30 Nov 2007

Am I missing something? Where's the BBC link?

€dstowe 07:56 30 Nov 2007

Remember that patents are extremely expensive to promote and only a few get beyond the application stage and of those that do, only a small proportion are commercially exploited - the remainder are already owned, or are bought up, by large companies then sat on to prevent exploitation by competitors.

mrwoowoo 14:47 30 Nov 2007

not a serious title for the posting.
With the BBC you pay a premium (the license fee) not to have to watch the adverts.I.B.M are proposing the same idea but with films.
Thought it was quite obvious.Oh well.

Forum Editor 16:36 30 Nov 2007

of products in TV and film productions is called, is soon to become permissable on British TV. It will be necessary for producers to give a verbal warning prior to a programme "this production features products, the manufacturers of which have paid for them to appear", and there'll be no placement in news, documentary, or childrens programmes.

Expect to see the familiar Apple computer sign on the lids of laptops, and McDonalds boxes on kitchen tables.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?