BBC announce F1 commentary shake-up

Seth Haniel 15:28 11 Jan 2011

click here

Martin Brundle and David Coulthard will be the BBC's Formula One commentators for the upcoming season after the Corporation confirmed a shake-up of their on-air team.

interzone55 16:11 11 Jan 2011

I hope this means that Eddie Jordan has been dropped totally...

ulrich 16:18 11 Jan 2011

Is not a commentator of the races. But somone who does know what he is talking about.

interzone55 16:29 11 Jan 2011

I know he doesn't commentate, thankfully, but he does seem to bring every point he wants to make round to "well, in my day we did it this way"...

peter99co 16:49 11 Jan 2011

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

natdoor 20:09 11 Jan 2011

Perhaps we will be spared the embarrassment of Brundle dodging about the pit lane to get pointless comments.

OTT_B 21:42 11 Jan 2011

Quite happy about that - Jonathon Leggard used to annoy me - he never used to let (the far more interesting and experienced) Martin Brundle get a word in edge ways!

peter99co 22:13 11 Jan 2011

Martin Brundle at least knows a bit about his subject and does seem to be accepted by the drivers. Is there a better person you would nominate to take over?

Strawballs 22:43 11 Jan 2011

At least they now have 2 commentators that have been there done that and know what they are talking about.

Forum Editor 23:28 11 Jan 2011

is that I compare all F1 commentators with Murray Walker and James Hunt, and they always fail to measure up.

F1 is one of the few live events where the commentary is - for me - marginally more interesting than watching the action. A good commentary team will consist of one personality and one technically knowleadgeable person. In the Brundle/Coulthard partnership I find myself wondering what's happened to the personality.

Belatucadrus 23:47 11 Jan 2011

Brundle is good, there were a few interviews done last year where the procedure was conducted by some anonymous fembot with Brundle just sitting in as a sort of guest. They should just have let him do the whole thing, maybe not as photogenic but it would be more informative and cut the staffing bill.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?