Bat tests positive for rabies!!!

charmingman 13:19 09 May 2008

MMM i suppose its a consealed case but its still worrying the fact that there is "NO" know cure for it...

click here

NewestRoyWidd1 13:33 09 May 2008

Why worry,as the article says"The virus can only be transmitted by the bite of an infected bat",and bats in the UK aren't noted for attacking people.

dagbladet 13:36 09 May 2008

The article also says...

"...Defra said the risk to human health of the disease was "negligible" as treatment was highly effective..."

wiz-king 13:38 09 May 2008

As it said in the report you liked to - it is not the first time. Unless you go around being bitten by bats it should not worry you. Most people in this country have probably never even seen a bat let alone got close to one.
As for your 'no known cure' it states in the article Defra said the risk to human health of the disease was "negligible" as treatment was highly effective.

peter99co 14:07 09 May 2008

How is the Satellite dish responding and does it pick up bats?

rawprawn 15:59 09 May 2008

"you. Most people in this country have probably never even seen a bat let alone got close to one"

Come and live here, there's swarms of them.We counted 76 living in our garage roof last year.
I think I will stay in at dusk!

NewestRoyWidd1 16:13 09 May 2008

Wise move rawprawn,can't afford to lose you from the forums!

rawprawn 16:16 09 May 2008

Thank you NewestRoyWidd1, I wonder if our bats realise that I am a protected species?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:58 09 May 2008

Hmm

Don't think I've ever been consider as a "Danger to Human Life" before even if the risk is negligible.

:0)

Grey Goo 16:59 09 May 2008

The bat may bite another wild animal, the scariest scenario is a load of rabid foxes on the loose. In the final stages an infected host will attack just about anything, it's not known as "Le Rage" for nothing on the continent.

rawprawn 17:03 09 May 2008

Fruit Bat /\0/\ your a big bat,(you can tell by your wingspan) and I have never heard of Flying Fox's being rabid!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires