Barratt Shoes go's into administration

perpetual motion 14:24 26 Jan 2009

Sickening isnt it, This is happening on a daily basis now!

I dread to think what 6 months time will be like..?

click here

crosstrainer 14:28 26 Jan 2009

We are heading down a steep slope without brakes. We are nowhere near the bottom either. Very sad for all concerned, and many more to come I fear.

lotvic 14:30 26 Jan 2009

We could all be 'footloose and fancyfree'
Or to put it another way -
shoeless, homeless and jobless
- but at least it will be Summer.

crosstrainer 14:35 26 Jan 2009

I'm a lucky one, having retired now, Nobody really knows how far down this will go. I can see banking nationalisation looming ever closer now.

oresome 14:58 26 Jan 2009

Barratt Shoes are continuing to trade. It is hoped that they can reach agreement with their creditors and remain in business.

perpetual motion 15:25 26 Jan 2009

Just a quick one, Did anyone see Gordon Brown this morning on the economy..?

WHY is it when one of the media in the crowd ask's him a question he CANNOT give a simple "Yes/No".??

He goes such a long way around & most of the time he gets that into what he's saying he doesnt anser the question concerned.??

Quickbeam 15:34 26 Jan 2009
  ventanas 15:45 26 Jan 2009

Yep, I remember that well, No power so working by candelight, a limit of £1 every time you needed petrol, and a rail strike as well. It was taking me about three hours to get to work (Southend to London) nose to tail all the way, and a similar time to get back at night.
But we got used to it.

crosstrainer 15:47 26 Jan 2009

And the wartime ration booklet for petrol. Let's hope it won't come to that, Picked the wrong time to buy a large car :((

ventanas 15:50 26 Jan 2009

I just about remember those little orange stamps at the butchers - nostalgia.

donki 16:34 26 Jan 2009

As these shops (Wollys, Barratts) and probably many more close do you think the same bigger, more stable stores will buy up the retail space? In a years time are we going to have Tescos and Iceland stores EVERYWHERE?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?